Reports to: Head of Digital Product
Location: Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 2SZ
Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Applications: Email [email protected]
The role of Senior Designer at Live Group
At Live Group, we work to build events that are just better. We know that nothing can stop us when we throw the right people into the right teams. Working within our design team, you'll be joining a team of experienced professionals who push the boundaries of event design daily. We know that a good idea can come from anywhere, and we're always working to see things from a new perspective and improve what we're doing. You'll be excited about sharing your ideas, taking responsibility for your creative work, and explaining what you're thinking and why.
If you want to work at an exciting place with amazing people and excellent benefits, get in touch with your CV, short covering email and your portfolio. We're excited to see what you have to offer. Email [email protected]
Because of the number of applications we receive, we unfortunately can’t reply to everyone. If your application is successful, we will contact you within 10 working days.
- Be the mastermind behind design work for over 200 client events per year. Right now, this focuses on designing digital, hybrid and in-person events and exhibitions. This may include print, digital, video, animations, you name it. If an event needs it, you’ll be designing it!
- Lead the team in ensuring we remain best-in-class within the event space.
- Manage design resource within the team via our project planning board to ensure workload is evenly spread and achievable.
- Work with the Digital Team to ensure our products and workflows for designing client apps/websites are efficient, streamlined and in-line with latest developments.
- Work with the team to maintain strict version control across all projects and update client guidelines and logos database as required.
- To work in partnership with internal business units, including creative design, technical production, digital services, content creation, and delegate management to deliver outstanding results for our clients
- Pay close attention to detail and be the last pair of eyes on design work produced by the team; both virtual and physical.
- Prepare design work for print/production or digital publication using the relevant software.
- Follow up with suppliers once a job has been sent to ensure any problems with artwork are rectified in a timely manner.
- Have your finger on the pulse when it comes to event design.
- Share successes and lessons with the wider team to streamline cross-departmental processes.
- Strengthen our creative and energetic work environment and culture.
- Support the team with inducting new Live Group employees into the business.
- Support Live Group’s internal initiatives to further support the company and continuously develop on an individual basis.
Who are we looking for?
Not just an ideas wizard, you'll be able to bring a high degree of technical competency to your work, knowing your rasters from your vectors and exactly how you like your bezier curves. You’ll need to have a good understanding of the digital development process, as well as an ability and drive to learn quickly and ask questions.
An able internal and external communicator, you'll be able to present to a client one moment and help your colleagues the next. You know that a rising tide lifts all ships, and you'll be capable of seeing who needs help and how.
With a future passion for managing and mentoring, there will be the opportunity to quickly take on more responsibility in the team. Part of this will be resourcing; whether it's having a digital to-do list or sticking post-it notes on your face(!), you'll know how to prioritise and get things done.
While not required, ideally you'll know events and be interested in the wider industry, spotting, predicting, and setting design trends within this exciting space. At Live Group, we want to lead, not follow. Working as part of our team, you should be happy being in the vanguard - setting the pace that others have to match.
- Broad experience working as a creative in a fast-paced events agency.
- Expert working knowledge of the Adobe Suite, with a particular focus on Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Experience with After Effects and Premiere would be awesome, but not essential.
- Brand Identification experience.
- Previous UX and UI experience.
- Experience branding venues and stage sets, including wayfinding signage, large and small-scale print.
- Experience designing multi-page brochures, proposals, tenders and pitch documents.
- Experience creating social media posts, webinar graphics and PowerPoint designs.
- Previous experience or appetite to manage a team and resource for all requirements internal or external.
- You will know how to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to thrive under pressure, demonstrating creativity and adaptability.
- A confident communicator to support with internal and external meetings and presentations.
- A passion to manage a team with a focus on development.
- Meticulous organisational skills.
- Able to think quickly, prioritise tasks and manage expectations.
- A strong commercial understanding, always seeking to increase the value-add in all processes.
- An analytical mindset with a desire to understand root causes.
- A desire to challenge the status quo, always pushing the boundaries of the possible to create engaging and impactful experiences.
- High work ethic.
- A strong problem solver.